30 Days of Prompts: Day 1 - IT'S SNOOOOOOOWING!!!!

And I am happy :)

Isn't that just the best way to start a journal about happiness? Yeah I thought so too. But it's true, even though there's a lot of shit going on in everyone's lives really, when I think about it - I'm just really happy at the moment.

I have an awesome family, the support me through everything I do. Some of my favourite memories are just sitting around the table after we've finished eating lunch sharing stories and laughing our heads off. There's only four of us, our house is tiny and we see each other every single day but we never run out of things to talk about. My brother and I are quite crazy, to be honest.

I have amazing friends, we have our ups and downs but we get through it and we have the best times ever. Earlier this year we went up to Hanmer (a thermal resort town kind of thing in NZ) during the hottest part of summer and it was seriously the most fun I've ever had. We sat around the table at the bach and talked for hours.

I seem to have a lot of memories around tables. I guess it's true that I find happiness in the smallest of things, we don't need to go out, do crazy, exciting things or get smashed off our faces to have fun!!

I love seeing people smile and hearing their laughs. Seeing that shine in peoples eyes that just makes you want to grin your head off.

Aw, I love the little birds that fly up to my window and then wait outside until I've thrown them some bread. They're so cute. They're even there when it's snowing and gross. :)

I guess what I've realized is all summed up in this one quote:

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have."

So everyone, I challenge you to go out and make the best of what you've got and just be happy!!!

Love you guys xxxx
September 3rd, 2010 at 11:32am