What luck. [ aaaand comment swap? ]

I'm going to kind of... not necessarily rant here, but I guess just vent about what's on my mind at the moment. Because I really need to.

So it was my dad's birthday yesterday and he turned a whopping 57 years of age. Normally we get him a load of presents and make him a nice dinner but, I swear to god, everyone in the family basically forgot about it for reasons I'll explain later on. He had.. five gifts in total, three of which he bought for himself, and I can't tell you how shitty that made everyone feel. We were literally rushing to Walmart at five o'clock yesterday to buy them for him. :x What a wonderful birthday.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, my grandma (his mom) went to go have highly invasive surgery that lasted eight hours the day before. I mean, she's 85, and she has really bad alzeimers -- she thinks my dad has six sons, when he only has me and my brother, and she keeps asking for her parents who dies yeeears ago -- and we were all kind of afraid that this was going to be the end of her.

But everything went well, and she's doing... alright. We were supposed to have a special dinner tonight because everything was messed up last night, but then my dad was called to the hospital 40 minutes away because she was freaking out and pulling the tubes out of herself and everything. So I'm scared. I really don't want my grandma to die, even though I barely know her and she doesn't even know who I am anymore, because I love her anyways.

Then this makes me think of my dad and how he feels, and I mean, what a shitty-ass week he has been having, even without his birthday being kind of ruined.

I need to stop writing this now, because I've started to cry and I really shouldn't be. My mom's coming home with pizza and I don't need difficult questions being asked.

I'm probably going to delete this tomorrow.

--

Comment swap with Reach?
You get what you give -- feel free to be nitpicky!

Hope you guys are having a better day than I am. :/
September 4th, 2010 at 12:56am