Earthquake In Christchurch?

Hello Mibbians (:
So, this morning I woke up to the sound of everyone talking loudly in the kicten. At 7:38 am (a completely acceptable time for a teenage girl to be awake on a Saturday. Not.). However, I was not so grouchy when I found out why. Christchurch, NZ has been hit with an earthquake measuring 7.1. My entire family lives in Christchurch, about two minutes walk away from the epicentre. Half of my cousin Tash's house has caved in... No joke. Apparently, at 4:30 am (or something, I'm not sure, can't remember exactly what she said) she was rudely awoken to screams and shaking and she had to help my Aunty hold the wall up!
However, Tash's place is the closest to the City Centre, the place where the epicentre was, and really that was the worst of the damage.
My cousin Laura, also awaken by the shakes was naked asleep next to her boyfriend, even though it's bloody freezing in New Zealand, and to have to get up and find some clothes was more of her problem, rather than the fact that her home was being hit by a massive bloody earthquake.
My Dad was on the phone to Grandad earlier, approximately three seconds after asking how everyone is, he goes 'is the football stadium alright?'. Oh Dad. It's good to know somebody in this family has their priorities straight.

So anyway, my family is fine, and apart from Tash's place, nothing and nobody has been seriously damaged. Except for Laura's ego. I think she'll be sleeping clothed from now on (;

Anyways,
Lots of Lust,
OH MY GAGA!

'wunna chup bro?'
'no bro, the chup shops been knocked over coz of thus bloody earthquake!'

EDIT: Desrcption of Tash's place;
'Wow, not a good way to start the day. house piles on right side have all droppedm cracks from floor to ceiling in some rooms, tv wrecked, mud and sewerage all over out section, massive cracks in several places on the driveway, chimney coming off the side of the house, arg.'
September 4th, 2010 at 03:23am