Toki Toki (Day 1 : 30 Days of Prompts)

So, I'm seating here, in front of the computer thinking of what to write for this first day. It definitely wasn't a happy day, so I decided to try to find the switch that will make my mood from "crappy" to "yay!"

That's when I saw this little plastic box with flowery illustrations and I smiled.

Few material possessions actually make me smile, and this box isn't one, but what it has inside (and it's meaning) always makes me feel like the world isn't sucky at all.

It's a doll. A small doll, in a simple kimono, small eyes and bright pink hair. And her name is Toki.

Here, I'll introduce her:

Image
My spirit brings change and improvement. You release the power of my spirit by seeking to create and discover opportunities in every circumstance. Seize the opportunities you find, and you will help to create a better world for all...

I know it may seem silly, it IS just a toy, but having this small reminder that the world is not about luck, but about opportunity and the drive you need to actually seize that opportunity is all I need to get in a good mood again.

So, setting aside that introduction, I'll just sip my tea, squint my eyes and try to remember what is it that makes me happy. And you know what? I truly can't decide.
I mean, I'm so damn happy about everything. My life's not perfect at all, but just being able to smile at least once a day is all I need to get by. And let's not forget the ones that make me smile, the ones that are always here, with me, singing the Sexual Harrasment Panda Song; catapulting gelatin to the ceiling; cuddling with me after a long day; walking under the rain and making pyramids with Redbull cans....

In short, I think I'm truly in love with life.

Image
And this is me, the merry knit-hat SpiderWoman

And just to finish this in an upbeat note, here: ?(????)?.
Please, find a good home for the little punctuation guy....
EDIT: Oh, nevermind... Mibba killed the little punctuation guy... ¬¬
September 4th, 2010 at 05:50am