30 Days of Prompts: Day 1 - Happy!

I thought I'd give this challenge a try, the journals section needs a little bit of a push to get started again. :]

So I've started school, which doesn't sound like it would make me happy, but it definitely does. I have a math class with a teacher similar to the guy they get to play the Dean in the movie, Accepted. He's really sarcastic with a lot of dry humor, and it's a good start to the day.

My Psychology teacher is in love with Bob Dylan, so we start off class listening to one of his songs and just looking at his lyrics, for now. I'm sure he'll make us analyze them or something of the sort. He and an obnoxious child who sits in the back of the room broke out in song yesterday; it was a great duo. Today the girls in the class were gushing over one of the history teachers for more than a half hour, and we discussed how the "Pleasure Principle" could be a good title for porn. Overall, a wonderful day.

I've also gotten to see so many people I never had the chance to see this summer. My ex-best friend and I are finally talking, light conversation, but it's a start that I wouldn't trade for anything. We may have only had school for three days, but they were pretty great.

Hmm, it also makes me happy to point a laser pointer all around my house, distracting and confusing my cats. I could get hours of entertainment out of that.

My sister also FINALLY cleaned her half of the room we share, so it's really clean, and my neat-freak senses have settled down.

I guess that's really all I can think of right now, and maybe nobody really thinks these are topics that make people happy, but I'm pretty easy to please. :]
September 4th, 2010 at 08:28am