Manners and my mom.

My brother's in the other room watching Camp Rock 2. The thought makes me giggle.

It's not that I have anything against the movie or anything (even though a lot of the acting isn't, um, great and there's a liberal amount of autotune being used on the singing voices) but the thought of a fourteen-year-old boy willingly watching it.. Oh, it makes me chuckle. :')

--

So school starts in three - well, two, seeing as today is basically over - days and I'm excited to see my friends again. I went all-out yesterday, sorting through my supplies and binders and stuff like some neat freak. I'm not a neat freak; my mom, who doesn't mind some clutter, nearly has a heart attack whenever she walks - or looks - into my tiny, crowded room. However, I do have a passion for school supplies. Highlighters, cute pens and cool things to hang in your locker.. It almost makes going back to school worth it.

Almost.

But I went clothes shopping with my mom today because I'm in serious need of some supah hawt fall fashions! No, seriously, all I have is like t-shirts. And cardigans that look bad on me. Anyways, chilling with my momma reminded me of how awesome she is. I mean, she's definitely not the coolest lady out there - in fact she's more of a dork than I am - but she's like one of those mothers who are like understanding and accepting. Plus we can totally joke around, which is such a nice thing to have in any mother-daughter relationship.

Or any relationship for that matter.

I don't know why I'm talking about this, but this is my journal and I can ramble on as pointlessly as I choose. ;)

--

.. You know what bothers me? When kids treat their parents badly. I mean, where's the respect? Even if your dad is a total asshole sometimes, he stuck around with your mom and they decided to keep you. Not every child is that lucky. And just because your mom asks you to do something, she isn't the bad guy. It's called being part of a family -- you have to pitch in, not just laze around on your ass texting people all day. So when you yell at her for asking you to do a load of laundry (especially when you're in front of guests) , she's not the douchebag here. You are.

I saw that happen at my friend's house. It's not cool guys, not cool.

--

I feel like critiquing some stories, but I also feel like a comment swap. So I'm calling a critiquing-comment swap!

Comment on anything of mine -- though simple "this is good/bad!" comments don't count, okay? -- and I'll give you some constructive criticism on a story of your choice.

I'm not advertising this in my journal title, because I feel like being selective. -nod-
.. or I'm just too lazy to add it on. Whaaatever. :P

Um, that's it.

Have a great night/day, guuuys. :D
September 5th, 2010 at 02:44am