My artical on the Murrah Building Bombing please read! Very heart touching....

I write for my school newspaper.. Today I visited a tragic memorial and this is my article. I want ALL comments.. Harsh mean rude... Just say it...

It’s April 19th 1995 9:00 A.M. your sitting in an office in the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma city. You look out the window and the sun is shining birds are chirping it’s just another day. But Timothy McVay is pulling up in a Rider’s van by the door. He climbs out leaving the van and walks quietly until he reaches the nearby alley. He then breaks into a sprint for his get away car parked around the corner. At 9:02 the van explodes taking along a third of the Murrah building with it. Next thing you know your under meters of debris and you hear screaming. Then the building collapses even more and everything goes black… for you.. forever.
That’s what it would have been like if you were Cartney McRaven. A girl only nineteen not very much older than us died that day. Along with 167 other Oklahoma citizens, adults may remember a picture featured in most newspapers that following week of a little girl being carried from the debris by a firefighter. That little girl was Baylee Almon who had just celebrated her first birthday the day before.
A tragic event forever marked in the hearts of everyone.
This terrorist attack was broadcasted every where from New York to China news reporters were airing this story.
I recently visited the Murrah Federal Building Museum and Memorial. The stories will touch your heart and bring a tear to your eye. While I was there their was a group of elderly women there one was talking about either her son or husband and where he was when it happened. From what she said he didn’t survive. As we went through the museum a couple of the women cried. At the sight of the debris with personal belongings spread through it, at the videos of the people being pulled from the building, and at the words they said as some took there final breaths that day. As you go through the museum they take you through what was happening that day. There was a conference commencing across the street that day. They have the recording.. You go into a room set up like the conference room was and you here what happened the explosion and all.. Everyone stays quiet while it plays even this little toddler who was sitting in a stroller in that room with us.. They then take you through what the debris looked like and the stories of the survivors. Next is a room a room with signs that say “God bless you” and little cards children sent for the families who lost someone. One little child says “I hope everyone who went that day. Went to heaven.” As you go through your eyes water. Then at the end it shows a picture of every child adult and teen lost that day. In one room are computers where you can read what the families want each person to be remembered by. The last room you go through has golden origami doves hanging from the ceiling and windows overlooking the city.
Outside the museum are chairs, one for every person who died. The chairs a signify these people because every time they talked to a family about what was the hardest or what they thought the memorial should be they mentioned how every time they sit at the diner table there’s that one empty chair… The chairs a bronze with glass bases. The name of each person is written on there chair. A memory forever there. When you go out of the stone wall you see a chain link fence with belongings from every person that the families have placed there a simple reminder of all who were lost that day.
September 5th, 2010 at 04:48am