Toddlers and Tiara's ... plus questions.

Today I watched for the first time Toddlers and Tiara's...
It lived up to the expectation that I had thought of before... disgusting.
Basically the show is centered around childrens beauty pagents. I personally dont like seeing a three year old with a face caked up with makeup, but thats my opinion. They had this award called "prettiest face" and when I heard that I thought oh wow. So basically your telling the other kids in the pagent " Oh I'm sorry hunny, you didn't win because your face isn't as pretty as hers." Like what is that teaching young children at this age? That outer beauty means everything, and if your not pretty your not going to get anywhere. Not to mention the amount of money that these pagent moms put into it... for example buying a 10,000 dollar dress for a five year old who is only going to wear it once.

My brother was watching the show with me and he was equally disturbed. Some child looked like a porcelain doll... not kidding. The whole childrens beauty pagent just erks me... mainly because they have 0-12 month old babies in make-up and spray tans. The whole idea of a beauty pagent is vanity, and when a child is so young and impressionable what do you think that kid is going to think matters most? This is just my opinion and I do not in anyway think that a three year old should look like a 21 year old... O-O

Question Time...

1.) Would you ever put your child in a beauty pagent like this?
2.) Are you with or against the whole idea?
3.) Have you ever watched the show Toddlers and Tiara's?
September 5th, 2010 at 05:24am