30 Days of Prompts: Day Three - Worst Day(s) Of My Life

Day Three: The worst day of your life. 30 Days Of Prompts.

*Alright, I'm aware that we don't have to go in order, but I want to, it'll keep my journals more organized.

I've had two days in my life that I considered my worst.

The first one was when I found out my dad died.

I was eight years old and I was in my classroom. My counselor came to our classroom, called me out and told me to wait by the double doors. When I did I looked back watched him and my teacher talk for a second; then my teacher gasped and looked at me with sorrow in her eyes. I didn't know why and since I was eight I didn't really think much about it. My counselor guided me to his office and inside my grandma and mom were crying. They couldn't talk and then finally my grandma grabbed my hands and said, "Your daddy's gone." So, me, being oblivious to the situation said, "Where did he go?" She responded with "he died." I just remember crying a lot, I couldn't go back to class to get my stuff because I was so upset. I went home, punched a hole in the wall, and just kept crying. *In case you were wondering, he was murdered.

The second one was when my mom died.

I had to make the decision on rather or not to pull the plug on her, because I was eighteen it was my decision since I was her daughter. She had been in ICU for three days already and the doctor's had told us that there was no chance of her awakening. She would have been a completely brain dead the rest of her life. Her lungs had already collapsed and her kidneys had completely failed. The decision was up to me and I decided to go through with it because my mom wouldn't have been happy being that way. She was the type of person that was so full of life and wouldn't have wanted to live that way. *In case you were wondering, she was a cocaine addict, it wasn't an overdose though. When the ambulance picked her up they had to sedate her because she was being combative and when she arrived to the hospital she was in a coma.

Anyway, yeah, those are the two worst days of my life. :-/
September 5th, 2010 at 07:21am