Earthquakes, super heroes, super villians and towning it!

So kind of freaked out at the moment because in Christchurch (South Island, NZ) on Saturday morning there was an earthquake that measured 7.4 on the richter scale. Now I live in the North Island on the Kapiti Coast and I even felt, and my brother felt it up near the middle of the North Island as well. Majority of Christchurch and the surrounding areas have only just got power back now, and mostly don't have any water to drink.

Now my family was freaking out because my brothers girlfriend Amie and her family live only 7km from the epicenter, luckily enough they don't have too much damage to their house itself, but the inside is a wreck! They've shut down all the schools for a week, and most workplaces are also shut until at least Wednesday, its crazy scary!

Then last night was my friend George's 21st, she had a Super Heroes/Villains party, with compulsory cape. Pegi, Zoi and I went as the Powerpuff Girls, with Mitch as MoJo JoJo. Epic night! Though work wasn't too fun this morning after about 3 hours sleep. We even ended up going clubbing in our costumes, and didn't really get odd looks. Gotta love Wellington for that reason.

I better go sleep, 5 hours over 36 hours and two days of work isn't the best idea in the world.

Goodnight from NZ!

Much love, Kimi ?
September 5th, 2010 at 12:07pm