30 Days of Prompt: Day 2 (Pessimism)

I'm really pessimistic about my relationship right about now.

It's not because anything has gone wrong. In fact, things couldn't be better. (Except for the massive hernia he got, but that's a different story.) Andrew is honestly the best guy I've ever been into, and I'm lucky I have him. He's not a creep at all, he's actually a gentleman, in a science-fiction punk kind of way. His family likes me, his mom wants to adopt me. And he actually, genuinely likes me. Hell, he might even love me.

But the thing is, I'm not sure if I deserve it, or if I can keep it together.

I'm really bad at relationships. I tend to look for reasons to get out of them as fast as possible. And I absolutely cannot find a reason to break up with Andrew. But I know beyond knowing that I'm going to do something to make him leave me or I'm just going to leave him for no reason. And it's scary, because if ever there was a relationship I wanted to work, it's this one. I don't want to hurt him at all, but I'm so scared that I'm going to. It's honestly been on my mind since we've got together, and I think he's noticing. I just want things to work out without me going crazy and breaking up with him because he used too much hair gel.

TL;DR: I'm crazy and should be locked up.
September 5th, 2010 at 10:15pm