30 Days of Prompts: Day 3 - A first from the unexperienced.

Prompt # 24 : An important/ significant first that has happened in your life.

I would have to say, since I obviously haven't experienced much at the age of thirteen, that an important first for me would probably be the first time I sang in front of other people. This really isn't such a big deal as I've come to realize, but you've got to understand how much of a freak I am when it comes to stuff like that. I shy away from social interactions quite often - so it was a given that I wouldn't want to open my mouth and actually sing something for someone. God forbid.

But I honestly don't think I could've sung until I was ready to. Everyone around me kept on pushing me and telling me that I had 'nothing to be afraid of'. Well, I knew that. But there was something that kept holding me back. And whatever it was, when I finally got over it, I felt like a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

Though I still am not sure of my voice or its quality, I still can't give up my dream of singing in front of an audience one day. Whether my voice turns out to be cr*p or not, I'm going to attempt to pursue music and hope for the best.
September 6th, 2010 at 06:16am