30 Days of Promps: Day 5 - Concert!

Day 3 of the 30 Days of Prompts journal challenge. I am doing prompt #29: "A significant concert experience, in detail".

Okay, so I was away and I missed the first four days but I really want to do this so I'm starting today!

The best concert that I've ever been to was a Tegan And Sara concert last June 15th.
I first got into them a year or two ago and instantly fell in love with their humour and amazing music.

On June 15th they has scheduled an instore in Tower Records and then later their concert in the Olympia.
This is all in Dublin. An amazing city!

So I went to this concert with my mum, I know lame but no, not really. I love my mum and she is my concert buddy, we like all the same music and she if one of my best friends, end of.
We went to Wexford street hours to early to queue outside Tower Records, only a few dedicated fans were there before us.
It was a lot of fun in that queue. Firstly, it was the most gorgeous day probably we've had all day, so sunny and warm.
In a few hours time (at this point the queue had streched the whole way down the street and I was thankful for arriving early), we were led inside the record store and in about 20 minutes Tegan and Sara came down. It was truly amazing, the first time seeing my favourite bands and standing just three meters if not less from them.

I left that on a high and after looking through some guitar shops on George's Street I went to the Olympia and queued for about three hours more. This was also fun, and I met loads of people just as excited as myself.
When we got in I got a standing place nice and close to the stage and after a while the band stepped out on stage and played my favourite off the new album, The Ocean.

It was amazing! I remember so clearly the way they all moved on stage, how the beats of the music pounded through my chest, being able to shout out the lyrics to some of my favourite songs, their little banter and stories and the surreal-ness of it all.

I left the gig floating, clutching my new yellow T&S shirt and just wanting to go back and relive it all already. I can't put into words how that experience was, just truly amazing.
September 7th, 2010 at 01:49pm