Exhilarating (Writing Prompt #29)

I have to say that my favorite concert I've ever gone to most certainly is the Cage The Elephant show. There were four of us: my sister, her friend, me, and my friend. Since it was an outdoor show and we were afraid to lose our seats, we got there super early and sat for nearly two hours, just waiting. It began to rain during that time, and if they canceled the show because of that, I think we would have cried.

All around us, people packed in, and we were at about the seventh row toward the right of the stage: not too bad of a spot. There were so many people there that there was hardly any separation of rows by the time the show started anyway, and we were packed in. I must say, that waiting kind of sucked because so many people around us were drinking and smoking, and the combined smell of all the smoke and alcohol was beyond sickening.

I remember that there was this really, really drunk guy wearing a spandex suit. He was also a jerk who wouldn't let anyone past him to sneak up closer to the front, but naturally, no one was going to mess with this very large drunk guy.

Anyways, when they finally came on, people were so excited. They didn't really talk much before they just dove right into a song (and for the life of me I can't remember which one). The lead singer, Matt Shultz, pretty much looks like he's having a seizure, the ENTIRE show. Where that man gets so much energy, I'll never know. Honestly, he spent most of the time moving back and forth, climbing on amps and sh*t. VERY entertaining, and still the vocals weren't too bad for it being live.

I remember they played quite a few songs that I didn't recognize, which makes me excited for a new album coming out. :] They called it the end a little while later, but people started yelling "ONE MORE SONG, ONE MORE SONG." It was like cult chanting, but it was so fun. They came out, a cigarette in one of the guy's mouths' as they walked back on the stage, and they played a last song. During this song, Matt (the singer) dove into the crowd, and people were going crazy. When he made it back to the stage, they finished the song, and then it was over, but oh, it was exhilarating. I spent the rest of the night, and the next morning nearly deaf. Funny when I had to call my dad after the show to find out where he was to give us a ride home, hardly heard a word he said.

I have a feeling I write a lot about Cage the Elephant, even though I really don't. Oh well, favorite bands deserve a lot of love. XD

Sick Puppies is a close second. They have a lot of energy as well and perform wonderfully live. This was a while ago when I saw them, however, so I thought I'd do one I remember a little better.
September 9th, 2010 at 05:00am