Teen Moms and Stories I Recommend

I am such a dork, like no lie. At school today I was trying to look all cute in my new skirt, though it was way too cold for one I wore it anyways. And as I was walking up the stairs with this really cute guy name Jonathan I tripped. But isn’t that just always the case, you have to make yourself look a fool in front of someone you like and if they don’t judge you harshly then all your dorkiness and self doubt is erased and you can stand back up with some of your pride.

I am babysitting my cousin’s baby tonight. She is the cutest thing in the world with her big brown eyes and curly blonde hair. I just melt watching her sleep. There is definitely a maternal bone in my body. Though I wouldn’t want a kid now, I am way too young for that. I want to be able to have a life before I even consider raising another. There are some people though at my school who think differently than I do.

There are a few girls who I have heard them say this before, that they want to have kids now. They are only seventeen and there is no reason for anyone at that age to want a baby. I like how my mom puts it ‘Too many people are trying to grow up too fast when there is still so much of life for them to live.’

And it’s true they shouldn’t be thinking like this but instead focusing on finishing high school, going to college, having a fair amount of fun. Things that normal teenagers do. Not only do I feel bad for them and the unfortunate child but also for their boyfriends. I was talking to one of the guys the other day and told him he should be careful. I don’t see why someone would want to be with a girl who is purposely trying t ruin both their lives.

I don’t hate teen moms or anything but I have seen personally what it does to people. My sister had a baby when she was sixteen and it was hard for her. But she is a really strong person in my opinion, so strong that she decided that it would be in not only the interest of the child but also for her if she gave the baby up for adoption.

It is weird knowing that my niece is somewhere out there in the world. I always wonder what she would look like and act like now. I never got to meet the parents, only my sister and my mom did but they said that they seemed nice. I also never saw my niece and my sister saw her for like half a second before they took her away. I asked her the other day if she still thinks about her and if she ever regretted it. She said that she used to think about her all the time and it was sad but now she has accepted her choice and it is easier for her to think about it.

I also asked her if she ever wanted to meet her daughter and she said that she wouldn’t mind if she looked for her. But legally my sister can’t go to her before she is eighteen. It is sad but my sister is in college now and she is actually making a life for herself rather than being held back by a baby. Not that babies are bad but if you are too young to take care of one then it requires a lot of sacrifices to make things work.

Now for some stories, I read a few one shots recently that I thought were really good.

The first is called Nine months, I think you can guess what it is about. It was written by DoubleCross, it is such a good story.

And the other is a VD fan fic, real short and simple but still really good. It is called Saved and it is by DarlingRose.

So go read and comment on these because these authors deserve to know how great their stories are.
September 11th, 2010 at 07:40am