High School

So I've just started high school (because in France you start high school in the American equivalent of the sophomore year) and I have to say, it's both better and worse than I thought it would be.

First of all, I kind of feel like I'm in one of those "I'm the only girl in an all boy vampire boarding school" stories because my high school used to be just for boys and it's only just recently changed so it's like 65% boys and 35% girls which I thought would be good but all the boys are immature and kind of brutish and the girls are all really pretty and I'm not really...

Second of all, I'm having trouble making friends but I have made a few cools ones :] I still can't seem to grasp the whole "meeting new people and approaching strangers" thing, it's just not me even though I wish it was.

Thirdly, I've just started boarding for the first time and it's horrible. You can't shower when you want to, can't listen to music while you do your homework, don't have enough time to get ready, ... the list goes on. You can put posters and pictures up though, and I get to come home on the weekends.

And lastly, the canteen is horribly organised. If you have an hour for lunch there's no point even thinking about eating. The queue is so long and, as I've mentioned before, most of the people there are boys so as soon as the line starts to move slightly they push you as far as you can. It's sort of unbearable.

On the bright side, I'VE GOT TICKETS TO SEE KORN IN PARIS!!!!! AH!!!!! :D The teacher's aren't too bad and the lessons aren't too hard or boring, I've made a few good friends and we have loads of freedom, plus I met this bloke who sells loads of cool Metallica and Slayer and Iron Maiden etc T-shirts, it's cool :]

That's about it, sorry for the sort of "rant" :]
September 12th, 2010 at 12:11am