I feel like whining about something I just discovered...

So, I watched Inception yesterday, and quickly fell in love. I adore this movie. It blew my mind and I'll probably be on a die-hard Inception-fic rampage for the next few weeks.

So, in my quest to feed my Inception-fic and picture desire, I stumbled upon something that made me very sad.

Arthur and Eames....

No. Just no...

This upsets me because every fandom I stumble into is either already filled with guyxguy pairings or is soon to be filled with guy/guy pairings. This makes me sad because most of the time there is really no reason for it. Apparently people are putting them together because of the ONE line... "You musn't be afraid to dream a bit bigger, Darling."

He called him darling.... That's it. Why is that a reason to make them go off and snog? I guess the same could be said about EamesxAriadne and ArthurxAriadne... but at least Arthur and Ariadne kiss.

I guess another reason people have been doing it because they have a lot of playful banter throughout the movie, but I really don't see how that makes them a worthy homosexual couple... it just doesn't seem to me to be in their personalities.

I'm not a homophobe, and I really hope people don't accuse me of being one, but after I got home today from an outing with friends, I got on deviantart.com to see what pictures I could find to use as the background on my computer. I typed in the simple term "Eames" (since he is my leading favorite for now) and was BOMBARDED with nothing but ArthurxEames pictures. I had to go back 2 pages to get a picture of just Eames himself... come on now.... I have no problem with yaoi/yuri... but its getting a tad bit out of hand. When there is more homosexual pictures of the guy than the actual guy there's a bit of a problem... Just a bit.

I'd love to hear opinions on it, and just to clarify I'm not dissing anyones writing if they do have or do enjoy the couple. I'm just saying I wish I could find something OTHER than it. It's hard to find an EamesxAriadne or ArthurxAriadne... or even an OC because the only thing I can find is them together... which is just irritating... Maybe it's just me. =/

(This is mostly just the product of my frustration at coming up with diddly squat on my search to find legit het fics for Inception...I'll be over it in the morning. XD)
September 20th, 2010 at 06:08am