Can anyone understand what I'm trying to say?

These past few days, I have realized something...something strange and scary and fully exhilarating. I have found that everything I look at holds a power over me.

The people I talk to, the objects I touch, everything. They all mean something more than what I’d originally given them credit for. That girl down the hall, the one with the quiet eyes and the hidden smile, she has a story. The kid down the road has the gift of selflessness, a trait unknown to the jerks that brush him off. The old woman in the run-down house has had an entire lifetime to gain something as close to Truth as anyone has ever been, but those who fear age and knowledge give her the label of Devil's Servant.

All it takes is a moment, and an entirely new world opens up.

The short of this spiel is this: I’m falling in love with everyone—everything—I see.

The excess love that I’d been forced to take from her is being redirected. I have finally found a way to release it without self-destruction: sending it wherever it’s needed most. Some people just need to be seen, to be told they're worth it, to be reassured that someone cares. I can give that to them. I can make a difference.

They don’t even have to do anything. They don’t have to love me, they don’t have to give me anything, they don’t even have to know me. I love them simply because they exist, simply because they are real.

Have they always been real? Or did they become real once I fell in love?

I don’t know. But they are people, real people, and they are worth it simply because they are themselves. Simply because they aren’t like me. They are pure and clean and worth fighting for. They have a chance.

Where before had been hate and fear now cultivates something even more everlasting. I am permanently changed.

Is that weird?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally saw How To Train Your Dragon today! Best movie EVER.

My favorite line? "Thanks for nothing...you worthless reptile."

Why is that line so awesome? I have no idea. I laughed the hardest I have in a long time, though, so it gets kudos for that!

Did you fall in love, today?
September 23rd, 2010 at 05:32am