Don't listen to teachers.

All throughout high school, my teachers lied to me. yes, lied to me. Not lying as in "If you don't do your homework, you will FAIL! LOL" or "Wear your uniform or else we'll get Dr. Rubin on yo arse. LOL". No, when I was an underclassman (yes, I consider juniors the under class too, because I'm a big bad senior and we're "better" than the other classes*) all of my teachers would gather us around in a circle, before school was out for summer, and tell us this BS: "Senior is going to be your best year eva! It's going to go by so fast and all of your classes are going to be a breeze! Not to mention the awesome senior trip that you can't afford and prom that would cause you to go bankrupt! OH! And the fun times you'll have applying to colleges! It's gon' be fun as hell! LOL" NO! THAT IS NOT TRUE. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! I suggest you clap your hands over your ears and scream "LALALALALALA" really loud.

Now, I'm not going to lie, I had some HIGH expectations for senior year. Such as having understanding teachers, and a more laid-back atmosphere through out the extremely cold senior wing. But no, it was all false. The beginning of my first week of high school was hell. My schedule was effed up, so I had to change that, which caused me to be so confused when I was finally enrolled to the classes I chose. My teachers are crazy. I'm not kidding. My English teacher is insane. So is my Multicultural Voices teachers. He yells. A lot. And I go home with headaches. My teachers just laugh and raise their heads when you try to ask for help. It's like they want you to have a diminished self perception before you go into college. I thought college was supposed to do that, not high school teachers. Also, everyone around me is just going crazy! My little sister (she's not really my sister, but i adopted her in freshman year) has WHITE hair! All due to all those crazy AP classes, and a job, and the stress of college.

I'm also getting addicted to coffee, since that's the only thing that's keeping me awake and lifeless. The reason for awake and lifeless is that when I'm doing my homework, I have a strong urge to sleep. So, I drink coffee to give me that extra adrenaline. After I'm done my homework in less than two hours, it's time for bed, but, due to the high levels of caffeine and sugar, I lay on my bed, eye open wide, singing Bohemian Rhapsody, and slapping my face, while, in a mad man's tone, I say to myself "Sleep woman! Sleep!". And then when I do fall asleep, my alarm clock decides to ring directly next to my ear, and I'm awaken with blood shot eyes and a very extreme urge to smash my head against a cement wall.

All in all, I'm stressed. I never been stressed a day in my life. Sure, I would say that I was stressed, but that was before I actually knew what the hell stress really is. Currently, I'm trying to write a research paper, no wait, a review of a review, that is due by 12.01AM but due to my procrastination, I'm all like "LOLOLOLOLOL school work? No. Internet! Forever!" Just like Hyperbole and a Half.

Senior year --so far-- is not fun. I don't care what my my teachers and friends who were seniors before say. I hate school work, and I can't wait until I go to art school, even though I might have assignments like the ones I'm given now. But, at least I'll be able to have a strive for motivation, because I'm (well my mom and I) going to pay for my education. HMPH!

On a lighter note, I got accepted to a pre-college art course that's being held at my dream college the UArts. I'm so excited! I'm going to be illustrating my own comic. I was going to take a figure drawing course, but I'm not ready for the nudies yet ;]. I can't wait until next Saturday, I'll be an "art-school" student!

okbai.
Feel free to share your own troubles. I realized after writing this journal (and drinking a Pepsi and coffee) that I'm going to make like a tree and start writing that review of a review for that crazy English teacher. I'm a survivor!... Now I have that song in my head... Oh yeah, this was therapeutic. Like fr srs. So... I urge you all to do the same :D

*I'm not like that in real life. Except during pep rallies and Spirit Week will I be a cocky Senior.
September 25th, 2010 at 01:36am