30DOP : Decisions.

6: The most difficult decision you've ever had to make.

Choosing to move back to my home town. It took me a while to figure out it was actually the best thing to do. When my mum moved to Belfast I moved in with my friend. I lived there for six months. Six months full of alcohol and depression. Within the first week I was out drinking every night. Then night turned into day and I found myself waking up to drink. Then proceeding to drink all through the day, and all through the night. After a few weeks my friends started noticing the amount I drank. I shrugged it off. I said I didn't have a problem. Refused to admit I did. It took it's time to sink in. I wasn't happy there. Needed to get out. Needed to stop drinking and make a change. Needed to stop feeling sorry for myself and change my life for the better. It was a hard decision because i'm really loyal to my friends, or I was until those I was closest to fucked me over. I didn't want to leave, but I knew I had to. At first it was hard, I didn't really stop the drinking straight away, that took a while. But I did. I stopped, I changed, and life got better. As to the friend I was living with, she's not my friend anymore. When I left she made up rumours about me and told everyone lies. That I stole from her. From her mum. She said i'd taken money out of her account. I would never do that. Fucked up or not. So yeah, we don't speak now. It was a tough decision. But I think I made the right choice.
September 26th, 2010 at 11:10pm