Derek's DOV

DOES MY GENERATION HAVE A ROLE IN AMERICA’S FUTURE?
By Derek Rowles

I believe that my generation does have a huge role in America’s future. There are many reasons to why we have a role in the future of America. Here are a few.
One reason is the importance of our veterans and future and current soldiers. We rely on them to protect us everyday and will do the same in the future. They provide a sense of reassurance to America and will do so for years to come.
Another reason is our future in knowledge. It has a big role because without a good high school and college education in today’s society, we would not have very successful futures. We need Teachers and Doctors and Biologists to teach us about the world around us. We will be these people someday, with the good education provided to us.
We also need strong people in government, such as the president and congress. We need strong willed people and need to have a strong will in them so we can believe that they will uphold and to the tasks intended of them to keep this country safe. As for the president, I feel that role is the biggest and most challenging in America. You have to be able to have people believe in and follow you, and that man not even take you to office. You have to have enough strength in yourself and in other people to get them to vote and to believe that you will do what you promise to do for the Nation. The President leads and guides us. A huge role that plays in factor with this is whether you follow a democratic or a republican party. That is also another choice our generation has to decide on. Which party we believe is right and justifies our beliefs. Under the President is the Vice President, which will take charge if the President is unable. This person of our generation will need to be strong willed also.
Another role we have in America’s future is to help come up with better solutions to big problem’s we already have, and not just in our own country. Other countries need help as well, and I believe that America’s future thrives on being the support of other countries. Right now the economy is a big struggle we have. Our generation will solve that by the ideas we get in years to come. Some world wide problems are hunger, sickness, disease. I believe that if we team together, we can accomplish anything. Anything is possible and we can find cures.
Supreme Justices, Judges, Athletes, Teachers, Doctors, and many other job opportunities will also shape and mold our generation into who we will be for tomorrow. What college we go to, how many years we are there, and many other things will factor in.
There are so huge roles we will have to fill in the future of America. Whether we will become the next president, find a cure for cancer, or find a way to stop hunger, they are big goals we will need to accomplish. Our Generation is America’s future. Whether we’re protecting, providing, or changing the way things are. It is still a very important role in our society. I truly believe that our generation has a huge role in America’s future.
September 28th, 2010 at 11:19pm