You wanna stop now?

Okay, so this might turn into a slightly controversial rant about gays and acceptance, so if you disagree, don't hate, please. This is my opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree.

So lately there's been a lot of talk about people committing suicide because they were ridiculed for being gay.

Now let me just start off by saying that no one chooses their sexuality. It's just a part of who you are and what makes you, you. I know a lot of gays feel like shit because of their sexuality, but they shouldn't.

Now, let's say you're a homophobe. And you walked up to an openly gay person who was just minding his own business, and cussed at him and said he was going to hell for being gay, and called him a faggot, and maybe even got physically violent with the guy.

Now what if this guy went home and killed himself because of the way you treated him? How would you fucking sleep at night knowing you were responsible for someone taking their own life?

And even knowing what could happen when you discriminate against gays, people still do it. Why? Because we've been raised in a society where a a man and a woman are together, no same sex couples; and we're not willing to open up to new ideas.

Newsflash, people are getting hurt because you can't show a shred of compassion. My best friend is bisexual and another good friend of mine is gay. The guy who's bi doesn't get made fun of as far as I know, but it could happen. And my gay friend is in the gay-straight alliance and I watched a lot of people physically walk away from him for that reason.

It hurts my heart that some people were treated so badly because of their sexual orientation that they felt the need to kill themselves. I really can't stand knowing that. I wish I'd been there for every single one of them to talk to them and let them know that someone accepts them and convince them not to take their life.

So homophobes, now that we have people killing themselves, you wanna just back off and just let gays live their lives?
September 30th, 2010 at 03:26am