Small facts about my stories.

So recently, I've seen my stories being mentioned in other people's journals -- not to mention on Project Fiction, Chalk and etc -- and that has made me very happy. Like most writers, my work doesn't appeal to me because I always think I can do better, make my chapters more meaningful and fill my stories with a more substantial plot.

As all my readers -- whom I love so dearly -- know, I like creating well detailed scenes in which my characters can move freely and realistically, instead of just throwing in the dialogue in random parts. In all honesty, I am not good with dialogue so I just change it all the time. Sometimes I incorporate parts in the speech of my characters that have happened to me. That way, I can give it the smallest shade of realistic quality.

Her Flux:

From my aspect, this story didn't reach its full potential. I had a vision that didn't quite come to life, but so many people loved it the way it was, that made me decide to leave it be the way it is, because I wanted to either delete it or at least rewrite it. My inspiration came from this cartoon (yes I am 18 and I still watch cartoons!) "Galactik football" in which the players have this flux around them that boosts up their energy aiding them in their career. Whitelighters were a part from the series "Charmed" and I just loved Leo so much, that I had to incorporate the whitelighters somehow. I hated the fact that I had to use the term "whitelighters" because I didn't want it to resemble fan fiction or anything. It's a VERY original story, all its parts are a product of a lot of sleepless nights.

Sentinels:

Ahh, I love this story. It's all played out in my mind, but I am moving slow with it because I want it to be perfect. I know that perfect is too high of a goal and although I find many flaws with that story, I can't stop loving it! I am writing chapter by chapter and everything I write I reread it thousand times, in hope that it would be easy and fluid for reading while containing the smallest details.
Sentinel - by definition means: a person or thing that watches or stands as if watching... The plot changed about a hundred of times inside my head, but this latest version will stick with me. The inspiration for this story came from my banner picture with the young, scared bride all alone in the middle of a queer night and a dark sky marked with a full moon and the large castle that resides behind her.

Touch of Ivory:

THIS IS MY BABY! This story has so many parts from my real life, it's not even funny -- don't get me wrong it's not a story about my life, far from it!. I love this story with all my might. I write every chapter with such joy and I wait until the right amount of inspiration hits me before sitting in front of my pc and start writing. I just had these dreams all summer, I went to the beach and listened how the waves gushed one above the other and all of it was so overwhelming that I thought: I have to make a story about these feelings. Then I had these nightmares that physically drained me and filled me with all sorts of queer emotions: like all of it was actually happening to me. I held onto those feelings with hope that I can change and use them in an another, more productive way. And that was how Touch of Ivory was born. If I ever publish a story, I would love if it could be this one. I am not happy with the first chapter, but I have no idea how to fix it so I will leave it be. If I ever publish it, my editor will find the flaws hahaha.
I still have a lot of bugs to work out, regarding the plot, but I have hope.

So, if you are a fan, a subscriber, a new reader, comment on the last story I mentioned. It would mean the world to me. Don't be afraid to break me. I will hate you for an hour or two (hahahaha) and then, after I realize that maybe you are right, I would be more than grateful!

Thank you for being awesome readers.

Love,
Dilek.
October 1st, 2010 at 12:04am