What's the sport of kings?

QUEENS QUEENS QUEENS.

Yeah, we know it's super suggestive. But we like it that way.

I don't know, university has been pretty good so far. The course load is pretty intense - I have 6 courses, instead of the standard 5, and none of them are electives. But the workload isn't all that bad. I mean, I've experienced worse, and I'm sure this workload will get pretty intense once midterms roll around, but it's really nothing I can't handle so far.

The social aspect of being an engineering student, however, is another story.

I don't drink, okay? I don't like it, it doesn't like me, and I've been able to coexist with that peacefully for most of my eighteen years. Now, however, I'm feeling like I should be making an effort to become a lush. All the engineering bars involve drinking games. Or sex. Neither of which I feel particularly comfortable with.

I'm single and sober, guys. It's not that I'm opposed to sex - just outside of a relationship. The thought makes me awkward.

And plus, I'm too trashy to do a XXX bar. Or a 3EXXX. (The "E" is supposed to be a capital sigma. If you're familiar with the use of sigma in math formulas, you'll get why that's trashy.) Beers of the Pier is just stupid. Wizard would be awesome if I could do it with anything but beer and blue light sounds like alcohol poisoning to me.

There are 73 blue lights on campus. That's fucking ridiculous.

Triathlon is really the only one of those that I`ll be able to even contemplate doing - but I`ll be so smashed by the end of the day it`s not even funny.

But seriously now, I am far too old to be peer pressured into doing something that I don`t want to do. I don't feel comfortable drinking and shouldn't feel like I need to to be accepted by the rest of the community.

Josh, for the most part, seems to want me to at least stop hanging out almost exclusively with my floor and come out to the drinking events. Or just come out. I think that;s the general idea behind us wheeling. Well, first off, when we met his eyes popped out of his head so there's obviously some other kind of motivation behind being so nice to me - although he could also just be a legitimately nice guy.

Kind of in love with my frosh leader (okay, not really, but I find him ridiculously attractive). Every time I see a message or text from him, I get all excited. I usually say, "Aw, I love Joey. He's so cute. I wish he was taller."

Anyway, I should probably get ready to go soon. We're going to dinner in five or so minutes and I need to look for my student card.

Also, I'm completely aware that that made absolutely no sense to anyone but myself.
Sorry.
October 3rd, 2010 at 12:25am