It's not for a month or so yet, but I can't wait for NaNoWriMo (+questions)

So, I've decided that I'm gonna try NaNoWriMo this year. It'll be my first time doing it so I'm pretty sure I'll fail, but we'll see. The main problem is that I can't write much at weekends, because I go to my dad's house and he expects me to eat and sleep and talk to him and go out places. I also think I should be allowed off school for NaNoWriMo, it really should be a legitimate excuse to get off school (I'm not being serious by the way).

I've actually got an idea for what I want to write about - I don't want to write anything too serious, so my idea is the exact opposite of that.

I really mean it, my idea is about bunnies and rainbows and unicorns and puppies and ice cream. I'm serious.

My idea is this:

Basically there's this place where there all these little bunnies and little kids, like a meadow, and they all live happily eating ice cream and picking flowers and riding unicorns and cuddling puppies and bunnies - all sweet and....sweet. And no one in the meadow grows up, so it's sort of like Neverland. Until one day this boy realises that he's got to grow up, so he does. He picks all the flowers and cuts all the grass, takes away all the ice cream and puppies and turns the unicorns into regular horses. He then builds this big grey city block that's devoid of colour and happiness and tries to make everyone else grow up, too. Then the bunnies rebel. Yeah, you heard me. The bunnies rebel. They give the children ice cream and grow gardens full of flowers and generally try to convince the boy to give the children of the meadow some freedom. The boy doesn't listen however, and tries to stop the bunnies' efforts to make the grey city block a better place. Then one of the bunnies has an idea - they send him an old teddy bear that he kept when he was a young child, he realises the error of his ways. And he learns that growing up doesn't mean forgetting your childhood. Or something like that.

That sounded an awful lot better in my head xD

Question time!

1. Are you going to try NaNoWriMo this year?
2. What do you think of my story idea?
3. -internet hug- :D
October 3rd, 2010 at 10:07pm