Rantage

Okay, so here's the deal. My grandparents keep me prisoner in my own house.

I'm never allowed out during the week, because of homework and because I "might be tired". I'm also very rarely allowed out on weekends. Yes, weekends.

I've tried multiple times to get over to my best friends during the weekend, just to hang out, but I really want a sleepover.

So, my best friend's birthday was last Wendsday and mine is on the twentieth. We both wanted a sleepover to celebrate our birthdays and to spend time together.

I just marched into my living room and said, "I'm sleeping over at Paula's tomorrow." The tone of my voice didn't allow for arguments, because I knew exactly what they would say in order to make me feel like I'm wrong and tell me I couldn't go. We've been through this multiple times.

Surprisingly, they didn't argue, just went all quiet. I can tell they're absolutely pissed their perfect little "princess" (their word, not mine) has decided to grow a backbone.

My grandpa didn't say a word throughout the entire thing and my grandma actually agreed, saying if I got sick, it was my fault and so on. Honestly, they think if I escape this fucking room, I'll fluck out of high school or something. I had a 92 average last year. This is complete bullshit.

(I'm sorry for the swearing, I'm just so mad right now)

So, then, I come back to my room and I hear my grandpa say, "I don't know what to do."

a minute later, he comes in here and says I can go tonight, but tomorrow we "need to have a talk" because he "doesn't like this."

Okay, I admit, I could have been a little bit nicer by asking and blah blah blah, but c'mon. I already knew they would say no if I asked. Even over summer holiday they wouldn't let me sleepover! When I was doing absolutely nothing, they refused to let me stay the night at her house. It's insane how controlling they are.

Oh, and I'm afraid to agrue with them because they're letting me live here because I can't stand living with my mother.

UGHHHH!!!!!!

Not to mention, they actually asked me if this replaced my actual birthday party with my other friends (just watching some movies in my friends basement). Seriously? I have to choose between the two.

I can't stand living like this. I have no social life whatsoever. I feel so isolated and alone. I don't have a normal teenage experience at all.

I'm starting to wonder if moving out of my mom's is actually worth it. At least she allowed me out of the house.
October 8th, 2010 at 10:20pm