Days 47-50: SF MoMA//Zoo

Busy as usual. Gahh, I wish I had more time to update you guys!

So on Friday my class and I went to the San Fransisco Museum of Modern Art. I've been there several times in the past and this time it wasn't as interesting. Plus, our docent seemed to be rushing us through everything and hardly gave us any time to look at any of the art he wasn't talking about. So that was a downer. My friends and I are pretty big Andy Warhol lovers so we wanted to see the Warhol exhibit. But alas it was taken down the week before and the 4th and 5th floors were empty. A bit of a downer. But then we hung out in the city for the rest of the day and went shopping.

Yesterday I went back to San Fransisco and went to the zoo. It was an assignment for my anthropology class, but I love the zoo anyway. They had so many beautiful animals! But the shocking thing is: so many animals are endangered or critcally endangered. It's trully said that it's due to mankind too. We can all make a difference is what I realized, the first step is education and spreading the word. An example is the Lemur. One of my favorite animals of all time. Lemurs are critically endangered. Did you know that there are only 400 lemurs in 32 zoos in the world. There are very few in the wild anymore. How can people do this? We can help, and it's doing little things such as education and spreading the world that will be the first steps.

These are some animals that are endangered:
1.
2.
3.
4.
October 11th, 2010 at 04:52am