Such moments do exist.

You know how sometimes you're reading this story; and the scene is just so perfectly dramatic? And you're just sitting at home going; such moments do not happen...

Well if you aren't good for you. Now press the 'back' button.

Cause for the first time in my ever; someone was truly there for me. And I feel like writing about it.

Tonight; I confessed to my god father of my sexual orientation. He was driving me home, and I kept my composure for most of the drive, but when we got close, I just bursted. I had never really gotten a chance to really talk about it and having the family member I trust the most (whom I barely ever get to see) there to talk about it (he too is gay) was just the most relieving thing.

He ended up taking me for a drive; and we talked and talked. And an hour later when he took me home-he took the time to just do the simplest most easiest thing that I've always been deprived of; a simple, fucking, hug.

Now, and other hour after we've talked I'm sitting in my bed feeling as relieved as I been in 4 years, thinking; if only everyone would just take the time and be there.

Because being there has a bigger meaning than most people mean. It's also a bigger commitment/ responsibility than most who promise it ever realize.
October 11th, 2010 at 05:11am