I attend the suicide school.

I will openly admit it--the near-Cleveland school with four suicides? Yeah, I go there.

Firstly, I must say that only two of those involved homosexuality. I know the media is painting them as all "gay suicides" but in all honesty, they weren't.
I don't support gay rights, and most people know that. But it's inexcusable to make fun of them, bully them, make them feel inferior, or anything like that. I don't think homosexuality is right--and I also think that anyone struggling with that should be shown love and nothing but love. Just like everyone else.

Secondly, I have to say that our school is not worse than any other.

Honestly. We're becoming known as the suicide school, the school with the bullying team, all these nasty terms. But if you take the percentage of suicides, like the number of suicides relative to the number of students, you'll find that we're not the worst.
We just have huge numbers of students.

We have the nasty kids and we have the nice ones. We have the bold ones and the timid ones. There are the bullies and the bullied.
Just like any other.

There have been six deaths in the past four years. The four suicides, and two very recent drug overdoses. The school is literally gripped by grief; nearly everyone knew one of the kids. The overdose this summer, John Dloniak...he was so loved. His memorial page had over two thousand fans within twenty-four hours of his death.

Right now, we're scared and we miss the kids and things are going so badly. A lot of us are taking it out some way. Some of us have constructive outlets, but others don't.
So it goes out in general. And that usually ends up on other kids. People are bullies without realizing it; a comment can be misinterpreted, a kid you don't like can become an enemy. You don't know how people take things. Maybe your enemy feels picked on, and so your enmity (though you feel it's deserved) feels like just another bully.

I just wanted to say that from the inside, the school isn't terrible. It isn't a homophobic, bullying, hateful school. It's a school of almost four thousand kids. And when there are that many people together, things go wrong.
October 12th, 2010 at 12:45am