Vampires and thier diets. Whats our deal?

Blood-crazed vampires, thirsting for blood every second they are near a fresh source...

I am able to believe in anything, and at times, even mythological creatures such as vampires. (Call me crazy. If there's demons, why not something else?) But what I do not believe is that these vampires that teenage girls on so in love with right now are blood-crazed over-sized misquotes.

This subject has been nagging me in the back of my head for the past two days, and I am finally giving in and writing this journal to express my "beliefs". Hopefully someone will agree with me, because if not this would have been a complete waste of time.

Moving on. So apparently everything thinks that vampires, leeches, blood suckers, and the like want blood constantly. Why? Do we just enjoy exaggerating the fact that they prefer/need blood rather than human food? Because if that is the case...well, it'd just be stupid. Do we really think they need all that blood to survive?

Blood is their nutrition source, while food and water is ours. We don't get cravings every time we see food, and we certainly don't devour it ruthlessly with our teeth every single time we see something edible. Us humans do not need to eat or feed every single moment. Even though we may like to from time to time...

The same goes for mythological vampires. Blood is their food, as mentioned above. Food is filling, and only needed certain amounts during the day, or night. They don't need it every time they smell it with their superhuman smelling.

If this made any sense to anybody, or if anybody understood this, congrats. My brain seems to always be a little bit too busy and fuzzy to fully explain things correctly. Fell free to share opinions.
October 12th, 2010 at 07:28am