Les livres, les livres, les livres!

I find it amusing that as soon as I start writing actual journals without flaunting "comment swaps" or "questions" in them I get no more comments. Amusing, not surprising.You guys make me cry.

My dear sister Lilly picked up a new book for me to read at the library today (even though I've already started and have yet to finish Mockingjay, The Lightning Thief, and City of Bones). The book? One of her favorites; Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's The Cabinet of Curiosities. But to top that huge list of books off, I've decided I'm also going to read The Time Traveler's Wife, which Lilly also read and highly enjoyed.

I feel so swapped lately. With school work and my personal wants. Today I started crying in my math class because I couldn't figure out how to do the homework. How pathetic is that? I've been getting a lot of homework but instead of doing any of it, I've been distracting myself with my cello and my writing. Ah, my writing. I haven't been writing at all. I can hardly say it's one of my favorite things to do. Over the weekend though I wrote a lot (a lot in Kelly-standards anyway...) though. The beginning of my story Synced and then a part of it that's taken out of contex from the middle. I just wish I was as compulsive about writing as I used to be though..

On another note, Lilly's turning thirteen tomorrow. I've recently realized how much I enjoy learning French. I love speaking it! I can say more phrases each day. I'm already planning to carry on with French throughout college and go to France one day. Or Canada. xD How ironic is it now that I have a part in the musical as someone who only has French lines?

So since I love speaking French so much and Lilly is self-teaching herself Italian, why not mix it up a bit and sing her Happy Birthday song in another language?

Bien anniversaire!
Bien anniversaire!
Bien anniversaire!
Bien anniversaire!
Quel âge a tu?
Quel âge a tu?
Quel âge a tu?
Quel âge a tu?


And since she's turning thirteen, she'd sing back...
J'ai treize ans, j'ai treize ans, j'ai treize ans, j'ai treize ans!

So far my favorite phrase is Je n'aime pas le football américain. Or Je n'aime pas le ping-pong. I obviously don't like sports. Or candy. Je n'aime pas le bon bon.

Okay, you all are probably getting sick of me speaking in a different language. I'll shut up now.


Salut. A toute a l'heure. ;)
October 14th, 2010 at 05:10am