Super Awesome Moment In My Young Life

So I am about to go all teenage girl happy right now because today was just epic for so many reasons. One, it is going to be homecoming in a few weeks so everyone is gearing up for that. I don’t really care about homecoming but I am in art club and we get to design the posters and I love to do that so whoopee!

Reason numero dos is that I have a boyfriend. Now I know it may seem trivial to be so happy about this but I mean seriously I have been crushing on this guy since sixth grad (I am not a stalker or anything). It was always like an on again off again crush. And then my sophomore year we had like all of the same classes together and I finally got to like really talk to him, the junior year came along and we lost touch and then this comes and things are just really great.

I have to tell the story because I just thought it was incredibly sweet. And as an aspiring writer I create those perfect scenes in my head and to have one actually work out I was totally squealing in my mind.

We have this mid homecoming assembly, why I do not know, and so I am also a part of the student body presidency and what not and so I had to help set up and organize all of the stuff. And this guy, his name is Nathan, he is a football player. Number 22 yeah! Anyways once the assembly was over I was going around the field cleaning up and he stayed back to help.

The other kids that were supposed to be helping were off yelling with the other seniors about how supposedly great we are. And so he comes and is helping me pick up papers from the bleachers and we weren’t really talking he kind of just smiled and I melted, not that I showed it, a lot anyways.

And he started some small talk, which I hate but for him I’d endure it. But finally he just sort of blurted out that he liked me. I loved how he did it too. He does this thing where he sort of squints with one eye like he’s looking up at the sun, I find it endearing, and then he was like, “You know I’ve like really liked you, probably since I first met you I liked you.” I about died but was mostly excited.

And then to top it off he kissed me. I mean I guess I would have preferred that to have come at a later time, but it was an in the moment kind of thing and you just got to go with them.

Anyways this was basically like my first real high school, teen girl type experience. I am still smiling, aah! It’s awesome.

Do you have any cute, mushy teen girl experiences?
October 16th, 2010 at 06:35am