I hate this place... How can people be so uncaring? [Gay pride ftw]

So... I got up and found a purple shirt(which was really hard. I only have one purple shirt apperantly) and painted my nails purple to stand up against kids bullying homosexuals.

...Plus purple is my favorite color... B*tch... F*ck yeah.

I got on twitter and saw all the famous peoples I follow posting about it and such and I was really happy about it... Hoping that everyone would come together in unity for a good cause.

Apparently that's just me dreaming.
I asked a few different people if kids at their school participated because I'm home schooled.
I asked some of my friend who go to the high school I would be in and a couple of my friend at the middle school I went to.

Stupid South Carolina... Everyone here thinks everyone else is like... Bellow them in a way.
If someones different, they hate them.

They said they didn't see anyone wearing purple.
I mean... They saw a couple of kids, but other than that... Nope.

The worst part is...
I was hanging out with some of my friend and part of our conversation went like this:

Me: Hey so did you guys wear purple?
Friend 1: Why?
Me: To stand up against gays being bullied.
Friend 2: Hah, no I'm good.
Friend 1: Same here.
Me: Seriously...? These kids committed suicide because of being bullied about homosexuality and you think they're like dirt because they're gay?
Friends: -silence- ...Whatever.

It doesn't make me sad because my friends didn't wear purple as much as It makes me sad that they think they're so much above homosexuals because of who they choose to love.

It honestly kind of disgusts me.

Meh.

Now playing: Wondergirl-Hey Monday

So...
What's your view on the suicides of these innocent kids and this opportunity to stand up for gay rights?
Did you wear purple? If so what did you wear?
Did kids at your school participate?
What are you listening to?

Thanks for yer time.
October 21st, 2010 at 04:42am