Ideas For NaNoWriMo... Take A Vote?

I really cannot decide what kind of story I want to write for this November's NaNoWriMo (I know, cutting it a bit fine huh?). I don't want to do my usual High-School Romance, don't get me wrong I adore writing them but I already have two on the go and I fancy branching out if only to see if I can write beyond that specific genre.

I had a few ideas and some feedback/votes would be beyond amazing.

Idea 1: The main character is a boy who stuck in this world when, really, he's from somewhere else entirely. He looks like a human and tries desperately hard to act like a human but, in the end, nobody can completely erase what they are. (I know it's very Kyle XY but I think it might evolve into a good story plot.)

Idea 2: Set in England the main character is a girl who's desperate to escape. So, on her eighteenth birthday, she buys a car and leaves her small town, her family and her roots. She drives and drives until she runs out of petrol and is forced to stop in the middle of the countryside. The village nearby is quaint and docile, a far cry from her previous home, and she warily takes residence there for a night. The next morning her car is gone. Her bag is gone. And nobody can tell her a thing about them. Suspicious things start happening and suddenly our heroine finds out her idea of escape seems to have her incarcerated in something far more dangerous than a house full of too many people and a boring neighbourhood.

Idea 3: The main character is a girl in her early twenties who revisits her childhood home where her mom still lives. Only it doesn't feel like her childhood was there anymore. In fact, the entire house feels wrong, and the pictures set up on the mantlepiece remind her of nothing. It seems as if her entire memory of the time before she was sixteen has just been deleted. As people from her supposed past begin to pop up she hopes that they will restore these pieces of her, since her mom is no help whatsoever, but she finds that everyone has different versions of her. And in her desperate search to remember, she stumbles upon a whole heap of lies, and a boy now a man who has been waiting for her for eight years.

All three of these ideas are completely random and I'll probably decide on something entirely different but I'd love to hear what you think? If you hate all three then just say because, in all honesty, they aren'y very good.

Much love,
Laura xox
October 21st, 2010 at 09:57pm