Tu aimes le musique?

Bonsoir, my fellow Mibbians.

Fun Fact: My dad pronounces Fur Elise "fer-ehl-see" and baroque "buh-rock."

Last night was the school's orchestra and choir concert. The choir being the bigger part of it, seeing how there's four choirs. Woman's Treble Chorale, Chorale, VBC (Voces Bel Canto), and Concert Choir. Treble wears green robes (the same robes freshmen wore last year), Chorale wear red robes, VBC wears blue robes, and Concert Choir wears black tuxes and gowns. The choirs go in order from - to put it in simple terms - least to greatest sound. Concert Choir is the advanced honors choir everyone wants to get into. And lucky me managed to scrape by in auditions and land my ass a spot in the big league. I couldn't be happier. ^^

Being in Concert Choir means we get to travel to places like D.C. and New York.
Too bad I'm so damn poor I can't afford to go to NYC this year. fml.It also means I get to finally sing at Holy Hill on Christmas Eve with all my older siblings (because they all got into Concert Choir when they were in high school too; Davey, Danny, Katie, Amy, and Heidi).

So this concert was the first of the year and my first concert playing cello and singing in Concert Choir. *sighs dreamily*

All in all it was a pretty decent concert besides my little mistakes during the Halloween Spooktacular the orchestra played. I was so nervous. And on the last song the Concert Choir did Mr. B. cued the sopranos in early so some started before others. That's how the song started out. Yikes. But today he said the fault was completely his and not ours, so that made us less worried after last night.

The one thing that is really grinding my gears is that on the program they put me under Alto 1 instead of Alto 2. I'm upset because earlier in the week I checked the "rough draft" of the program and drew an arrow from my name under Alto 1 to Alto 2. >.> I want to talk to Mr. B. about it but it seems silly now to point it out. I thought he new I sang the lower alto part though; it's why I sit on the outside not on the inside like he told us to do.

I love it when my brother Danny comes home. Heck, I love it when any of my siblings come home, especially my sisters in Madison (Katie's a music teacher, Amy's in her fourth year of college, and Heidi's in her first year of college). Danny's coming home tonight because he wants to write and his friend at his apartment is already asleep so he can't make any noise at the computer. Danny always inspires me to write. I wish I could write as compulsively as him.

Technically my weekend started after school today. My mom is taking me out for the whole day tomorrow so we can go up to Steven's Point to visit with a friend, go out to eat, and shop. So that'll be fun. I don't like missing art class (especially since Mrs. Siebers knows I've been taking mental health days off).

Well, I think that's all I've been meaning to say for now.

Questions:
1. What are you listening to now?
Bahaha, "Kokoamo" by the Beach Boys. Whenever I hear the song I can't help but think of that one episode of Family Guy where Stewie's singing the song in the tanning bed. XD

2. Are you in an orchestra, band, or choir?
Orchestra, yes. Choir, yes. I'm in the honors choir at the high school; Concert Choir.

3. Have any weekend plans made yet?
Going to the pumpkin farm with my older brother and his son. Perhaps hang out with my other brother Danny if he stays for the whole weekend.

4. What's NaNo?
...
October 22nd, 2010 at 04:52am