Matt & Kim | Story grievances | Comment Swap

I'm going to another Matt and Kim concert today. This is the second time I'm seeing them. I am so excited; they're so fantastic live. And I'm all too addicted to concerts. I go to way too many. I mean, there's no too many for me, but I waste so much money on tickets. I'm also seeing Kate Nash in November.

Also, a small rant. I love scrolling through stories on Mibba. This site has some amazing writers and great stories. BUT. I am so sick of the mibba cliches: incest, student-teacher, vampire, werewolf, alex gaskarth/ other hot emo band boy falling in love with average, everyday girl. Can we please, please, PLEASE stop writing those stories. I mean, I can't force you to stop; it's your Mibba, etc. etc. But I just needed to rant about how annoying its getting that no one can think of a plot anymore.

If your story has an actual plot and contains one of these things, that's great, I'm not referring to you. I'm talking about the stories that are so cookie-cutter:

The main character is a misunderstood 'deep' girl who has few friends and no life. She goes to a concert because that's what alternative kids do and Alex Gaskarth catches her eye from onstage. He immediately falls in love with her and they have about 3 sex chapters before they get married and life happily ever after. The end.

And what infuriates me about these stories even more is that they have 8, 9, even 10 stars. Then I proceed to read some stories on Mibba that are just AMAZING but they have only 2, maybe 3 stars. Some authors deserve so much more credit than they get on this website.

And now a comment swap. Read and comment Incongruence or Show Your Bones, and I'll do the same for you. But please don't just say "Cool story" or something like that. Give me actual feedback and I'll do the same for you.
October 22nd, 2010 at 09:38pm