The Desire to be Free

I am trapped in what seems like a cold, small box. I alone, with no one to comfort me in my most miserable days.

I am lost. I am confused and hurt. I am a vulnerable being, susceptible to any form of injury. Throughout a large portion of my life, I have felt only pain, an aching heart and soul. The pain is engulfing me slowly, and will continue until it devours me completely.

However, I was given hope.

One of my friends told me that the pain and loneliness that I feel now will be the reason I become stronger in the future. Another one of my friends tells me that even though I'm suffering now, I will become one of the happiest people in the future.

What a wonderful thought, I told myself. To be happy is such a wonderful thought. But that is something that would keep my hopes too high, and I don't think I could stand being disappointed again. That would hurt too much.

Yet this little hope has given me Desire.

The Desire to leave, to be free. I want to go away from this little cold box and go into a world of adventure. I want to see things. I want to experience things. I want to feel loved.

Yes, it may seem selfish, but I've been through so much sorrow, that I just want to feel happy. I have yet to discover how happiness feels.

And despite what I'm going through right now, I will find my way back to my path, and finish my journey.
October 29th, 2010 at 02:43am