Don't mind me.

I’m not writing this for you. Or, in fact, myself. I simply write down my thoughts because there’s this unnerving desire deep inside myself to create words, and that maybe they might make this tugging behind my chest creep away, at least until three AM when I have nothing to do but think. Perhaps, in a world of complete and utter tranquility, language wouldn’t be necessary. Words that float around in this sad, sad mind of mine are good for one and only one thing: sanity.

And when we reach a point in our lives where these fingers move faster than our mouths, we must suffer through those long silences in order to truly appreciate the click clacking of keys making masterpieces in a modern day world. I do not wish to discuss my problems, nor the problems of others, for I believe I have far too many to relive them all. I simply wish to record observations made by a third party such as myself and perhaps every human on the face of this earth, and share my findings with those who have nothing else to occupy their eyes with on a lonely Thursday evening. Life, as follows.

1.) Apparently, according to popular opinion, isn’t fair. Yet, when placed in the shoes of one who has recently experienced exuberant joy due to some miniscule and fleeting moment, seems to hold the mindset of objectivity to such a statement. We place such a high standard on whatever being we believe to be legitimate to help us through those times of tragedy, or even melancholy lonesomeness. And though we most of the time never experience such a miracle, we keep faith that life will somehow become more luminescent so we may perhaps light the darkness in which others throw themselves into upon such a time as this.

2.) However, we procrastinate assistance, and point the finger at those who did not assist us in the time being. And through this vicious cycle of human existence stands one true fact, if nothing else.

3.) We’re so damn hypocritical. Constant judgmental and stereotypical observations are whipped out from every standpoint in the media, in education, and even in mindsets of those around us. And, stepping out of the uniform I so composed myself in throughout this entire pondering passage, I believe that hypocrisy itself is a form of hypocrisy. Meaning, that we blame those around us for duplicity when in fact, blaming others is another form of pretense. And perhaps sharing my thoughts may be a deathwish in the minds of any commenters, for I am as guilty as anyone for committing such rational human behaviors.

4.) But, in the context of rational, there will always be those select few who should and may very well be saints. Those who never touch together insecurity and logic, and even compose themselves in such a way as to represent the clouds above the turmoil and chaos of the busy earth. Take notice, it is a rare extremity to discover such a myth. Yet, we appreciate flaws. We look for one who has many issues to befriend, for we would always feel like a hopeless child God forgot when He was passing out his miracles if we married an angel.

5.) Perhaps we need to have bad days. For our own sanity, and for the others around us, humans need to have moments of temporary insanity. Because nothing in this world makes one appreciate sunshine more than if they were deprived momentarily from such an underrated gift. And though I am writing these words down simply to distract myself from that pressing weight of all the terrible things that have happened to me, I suppose, in a way, curses are miracles in disguise. Or, curses are opportunities to create one’s own miracles without the help of those around us, nor the ill-spent faith and optimism that so many lack these days. If you ever determine a shred of truth behind such a ludicrous statement, I’d really like to know.

I do not wish my enlightenment on to anyone else without consent, however. I am not a lecturer, nor a scholar or a poet. This is my stream of consciousness, and nothing more.
October 29th, 2010 at 06:00am