NaNoWriMo

For NaNoWriMo I think I'm going to write 5 interweaving stories that are based solely on emotions.

I see it as set in a Coffee Shoppe, with various people inside, because a coffee shoppe is just about the only place where no matter who you are, you end up - maybe you want tea or a yummy looking dessert that will make you feel like you gained ten pounds after finishing it or maybe your friend or older sister dragged you in there because they needed their caffeine fix right that second or else they would fall dead. But all these people are in this one place, talking, not talking doing what ever and I will create five characters that I will go into depth with and after writing around 10 thousand words for a character I transition.

(^ Can you say run on sentence?)

I might even follow the characters outside of the coffee shoppe and have them do whatever. Maybe one of the characters is outside being observed by another who is in the coffee shoppe.

And for the emotion piece, I was thinking each character could posses a certain emotion like happiness, longing, seductiveness, anger, sadness etc.

And just for fun I want to add in a part where someone goes off at someone else in spanish... That will be a challenge but it will also be really fun.

I also think what might make it fun is going into Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts and observe & report.

I don't know I want to keep it light and movable for the plot and the general direction. I will be doing a few different character outlines tomorrow and the next day for a general preparation, and then Monday I crack the whip and get to work.
October 30th, 2010 at 01:34am