I need help with a story title.

So, the thing is, I came up with this new story plot today, and I really like how I've planned it out.

And before I start, I know that I could just go to the Story Title Help thread under Tips, but by now I've learned that most people tend to ignore my thread posts and my questions go unanswered for months. Besides, I wanted this to be an open thing. Instead of getting one response, I wanted a bunch of different opinions, and in threads, once a question is answered, it's answered.

Alright, so the plot is basically about a group of eight regular teenage kids. They all go to the same suburban high school, and they all have their high school stereotypes. They're from different grades, and were it not for school club that they met at (it was a Christian club) they would've never met. In the club they find out that they each have special psychological powers, and they're like Virtues or something. The principle for them is that without one, the rest couldn't function. And even though they're just a group of angsty high school kids that clash with each other, they find out this is true. They get separated and some internal bond in them rips apart gradually and it physically and emotionally hurts them. They're involuntarily codependent on each other. They eventually learn how to manipulate their powers and use it to save lives. They're condemned to their destiny to stay together and be guardians over the world and the cosmos.

So in a nutshell it's Maximum Ride meets Loveless meets Supernatural meets Gatekeepers (new series by Horowitz) meets whatever story you can think up that includes angsty teenagers with powers that they don't want. There's slash in it, but it's not the main priority. And it's kind of weird because they're like siblings and so it's kind of like incest slash. But like I said, it's not the main priority.

There're five guys and three girls.

It's not an over-the-top fantasy, even though it sounds like it. It's kind of more Gatekeepers/Loveless/Supernatural thing than anything (we're average teenagers with average problems...but then this thing takes over our lives and we have to leave everything.)

Title ideas so far:

1. Arachnid (seeing that they're eight parts of a whole that can't function without each other)
2. Codependent
3. Renegade (they have to leave everything)
4. Infamy
5. Something like ___ Eight

And that's all I can think of :/
Any other title ideas?
October 31st, 2010 at 07:41pm