College Woes

Has anyone ever been terrified and excited to attend college? That's how I am right now. I want to go to college, I really do. But the idea terrifies me to no end. Especially when a couple of classes I took in high school were labeled as "college courses"... and I failed miserably. Barely passing with a D. Now, add money having to be paid on top of the impending failure and "flying colors" expectations my family has for me, I'm expected to drive, too.

I. Hate. Driving. With a passion. I just hate it. That's all I can say about it. (and yes, I have tried driving. Hate it.) I would so much rather live in a city with, you know, buses and taxis? Have you heard of those little things? My town hasn't.

Plus, I'm a very very shy person. I can't just be thrust into something, a new place, a new environment. But "oh, hey! yer'n a adult now! ho ho~ you can do things you couldn't over six months ago." No. I can't. Shyness is something I've been trying to get over since I was eight. That's ten years! I'm pretty sure it's part of who I am.

So it's a pretty big slap in the face when someone (and by someone I mean my mom or my dad) just prods me and says: "just do it!" I. Can't. They can't seem to get that message through their skulls.

So! I found something highly appealing to my very very introverted self. Online courses.

However, there's a little problem... I took a Compass test in the beginning of my senior year. Under Aurora Tauriainen (my preferred last name; the one I should have.) However, someone who was helping to fill out an application towards the end of the school year, made me fill it out using the last name "Burton."

Guess what? Mother's making me fill it out... again. What the *beep* am I supposed do?? I just have this awful feeling that the community college is going to deny me or something just as horrible (make me see an administrator).

I can't take this pressure anymore... I break down sobbing whenever I try to do something about my situation...
November 1st, 2010 at 06:55pm