Life

Have you ever thought about life? I'm not talking about how many kids you'll have, or what color you want your house to be, but really thought about living. Just look around you. See that poster on the wall of your favorite band or that sunset on a tropical beach. Did you ever think about how long of a process it was from where that picture took place to when it was tacked onto your wall, and now is just a wall ornament collecting dust. It started off as a group of people getting together for a photo shoot. There had to be at least one camera there, but usually there are lots of cameras and lights to give just the right effect to make the picture looks "perfect." If the picture was taken just a second too early or late, it would be a completely different picture. After the picture is taken, the film is brought to a dark room to be developed. If anything happens to the film, the picture is lost forever. If nothing goes wrong, it is taken to someone who can alter it if it needs to be "perfected." Then, it is taken to someone who will enlarge it to be big enough to make posters out of it. Then it is brought to the factory where they make the posters. Then they are wrapped and boxed up to be shipped. And of course, there are the truck drivers who deliver the boxes to the different stores and then the stockers who stock the shelves full of posters, and then the cashier rings it up for you to take it home and hang it up in it's current location. So it starts with one photographer, but has gone through at least a dozen people before it ended up on your wall. But nobody thinks about that when they hang the poster up and why would you? Most people think about what they can see in the picture. But if any of those people had not done there job correctly, there is a good chance that the poster would not have made it to your wall; so in reality, you needed those people in order to get something that you wanted. Now, of course a poster is something that in the long run is worthless, but what about our prescriptions, or the people who make our cars and houses. Do we ever stop to think about how many people are around us every day working together? So many of us just stay buried in our own lives and treat people like they owe us something. That is just simply not true. We need everyone. We are all connected. No one is here by mistake. So, if we could all just step back for just a moment and look around us and see other people. See how much life is around us. You might be just the person that someone needs today. Maybe just a simple smile is all that is needed, but it might be something that could change a life. Stop looking at your feet when you walk. Hold your head up high. Look around, you are missing a great view.
November 2nd, 2010 at 04:21am