Letters from War . . .

I never realize how lucky I really am. My parents, no matter how quirky, annoying, overprotective, and unreasonable they are, I am truly blessed to have them with me, something I take advantage of every day. I never really appreciate all they do for me. They sacrifice so much, and what do I do? Sometimes I ignore them, sometimes I don't do what they say, at least I don't talk back, thank goodness, or I would be royally screwed. I love them, sure, but I don't think I've told them in a LOOONNNGGG time.

You may be wondering why I'm writing this. You see, I accompany on piano for my school's chorus, and one of the soloist's songs was called Letters from War by Mark Schultz. I began learning the piano part, and tonight, I just took the time to look at the lyrics and look the song up on YouTube. And, oh my goodness, I seriously almost cried, and I never cry. If you don't know the song, I suggest you look it up, and watch the music video. It's so beautiful and heartwarming. But as I was listening, it made me think. A lot. Here's this mother who would do anything to have her son back, and here I am, basically "[biting] the hand that feeds [me]." I can't believe how cruel I've really been. My parents don't deserve this kind of treatment. And I intend to treat them the way they should be treated.

If you know anyone close to you who's in a war, I am praying for your loved ones. From what I've seen (my friend's dad is in the Navy), it's very scary and anxious when someone you love is in a war. I only have a few cousins and uncles oversees, but no one that I'm very close to. This song has changed me, and it can change you too.

God bless you all.
November 3rd, 2010 at 03:14am