Learn the Guitar?

In Music class, we're introduced to new instruments, and we have to learn to play a few basic songs.

Recorders and keyboards, for example. I was really good at recorder, though the sound isn't very appealing. I don't blame it, though; the recorder's made of plastic. Plus the saliva coming out of the bottom was pretty gross.

Before starting on keyboards, it had been my ambition to learn the basics of piano and gradually get better. This was mostly because in my home we have five large pianos, and none of them get played unless my older brother Danny comes down and plays.

Anyway, this ambition disappeared when I started to play keyboards. I realized that I was terrible at making both hands do two different things at once. My fingers are also kind of short, but that's a stupid excuse if any. I'm an artist, an accurate cello player, and a singer as well as natural actor. I mostly As in school, and some Bs. I can't be good at everything, and it seems that I've finally found that one thing I can't and don't want to do.

I suck at piano. It frustrates me a lot.

Anyway, to the point. The last instrument my Music class did was guitar, and I loved it. The feel of the guitar in my arms felt comfortable, and I liked the way guitar sounded when the guitar pick strummed some chords. I learned two campfire songs, and I learned half of the song Hey Jude.

The guitars we used were the school's, so we had to give them back. I want to learn more of the guitar so badly, because it's so pretty. If only I had a guitar.

What is the minimum and maximum costs for an acoustic guitar? I want to get one for Christmas, even if it's one of the only things I get.

I've never really had one favorite musician/singer before, but now I'm pretty sure it's Jack Johnson. He plays the acoustic guitar in most of his songs, and it just sounds so pretty.

So there you go, Santa. I want a guitar for Christmas.

What about you? Do you play an instrument / want to learn an instrument?
November 6th, 2010 at 04:56am