Endless Washing, Odd Little Moments and Slam Poetry

Mama's away this week, visiting our uncle + cousins in NZ. Their mum (my mama's twin sister) died a year and a half ago from a degenerative brain disease, so she goes over now and then to make sure their okay.

Anyway, because she's away Dad's become a temporary single parent - and has also realised that its a hell of a job, especially with three kids. I've been handling all of the washing instead of some of it, which is what I usually do. And let me tell you, four people can make a lot of washing! It can be seemingly endless - put it in the washing machine, hang it out, take it down, fold it, repeat. It's alright though, I just miss Mama.

Odd little moments - we were at church this morning and as we stood up and sat back down a few times (praise and worship, communion etc) I realised that we were moving farther and farther to the right, as if we were edging away from the people to our left. I had trouble focusing after that :)

Finally, slam poetry. There's a competition soon in Australia and I saw a clip of Katie Makkai doing her piece 'Pretty' on a blog. (It's amazing, look it up on youtube!) I love it, and I hope I can go see the comp when its on! Another really good piece is by Taylor Philips on smart people :)

Kisses!
November 7th, 2010 at 06:02am