Days 72-77 // Finding Out One Of Your Best Friends Has Cancer.

This past week has been really hard.

It all started last Sunday night when one of my best friends texted me that he might have cancer. At first I thought it was his idea of a bad joke, so being myself, I texted him back 'lol'.

Then I realized: it wasn't a joke.

He went back to the doctors' on Monday and he does indeed have cancer. He had surgery too days ago. I couldn't believe what he had told me; he's only 16 and he's got cancer. How fair is that?? Then again, how fair is it when anyone gets cancer? He's going to start chemo either next week or soon, and he's expected to be okay. I'm hoping that will be true.

My bestest friend, who of course is gone, her family finally had to leave our neighborhood. They'll be moving to the adjacent city for the next two months and then they're moving to Southern California.

Plus, I've been by myself pretty much all week, and will be too this upcoming week. Sometimes being by yourself is a bad thing: you think about things way too much. Luckily, I start my first ever job at the end of this upcoming week, so that will keep my mind busy.

______

I'm currently digging: Patrick Chan, Like A G6, and my friends....shameless self promotion.

Shameless self promotion: T. Lautner one shot!
November 8th, 2010 at 02:51am