Thoughts on a Car Ride

Dear Mibba,

Today I drove into the city and on the way up, the sunset was breath taking, it looked like the sky was on fire. It was like the sun was melting into deep reds and tangerines and then finally to blue.

For some reason this sunset made me feel relatively nostalgic, well the combination of that and the U2 pumping through my headphones.

I looked at all the cars driving around, all the people in them and wondered how many of them actually noticed this sunset, how many of them felt the beauty of it and how many of them where ever going to notice a sunset of that magnitude ever in their lives.

Then I got to thinking about children and their innocent love for life and strive for knowledge, in Faust it is stated that strife was the downfall of the human race. I disagree. I saw all those buildings and all the cars and all the people who where probably just driving along not noticing anything and I thought of all the children who soak everything up. They are so interested in the simplest things, and now anyone older than 10 who takes pleasure and gets excited about silly simple things is looked down upon.

Children have such a love for life, they don't know bad, they don't know judgement, they know that there is so many people in this world and that all of them deserve a hug when they cry and that cuts can be healed with a kiss and that it really is an accomplishment to get the most candy on Halloween.

I feel bad for my friends. I really do. I love them all to death, but they hate too much. They hate this town, they hate the people at our school, they hate our school traditions, they hate people who have it better then them, they hate people who have it easy, they hate people they don't know. They pass judgments but ask for people to not judge them in return, they yell and say rude things in public and expect others to just walk by and not look or say something to them, when they know if they where in the passerby's position they would be jumping all over the assholes who where being tools.

I'm not saying I don't hate, I'm just saying sometimes I feel like there is too much hate in them. I think there is so much to revel in in this world, in this moment and all they really see is what's next and what they'll do once they get out of this town - I just see all the antics I can get myself into for the time being.
November 8th, 2010 at 03:29am