Fanfiction Workshop at Pacific Media Expo

I know I haven't been very active and am pretty new here, but hopefully people can pass the word around? I am hosting a fanfiction workshop at Pacific Media Expo in southern California. Of course we'll be covering a lot of stuff beneficial for creative writing in general, not just fanfiction.

Everybody gets a free packet of information that includes everything from advice to avoid making a Mary Sue, improving antagonists, fanfiction and the law, writing resources, and more. We just finished updating all the materials, adding extra pages on difficult scenes such as action or romance.

We've both been writing (admittedly not always well, but we all start somewhere) since 1996 and believe the best ways to encourage others to improve their writing is education and leading by example. Mary Sue witch hunts don't help anyone, instead they only discourage new writers from continuing to write or stops them from growing as writers.

It will be Saturday, November 13th at 7 PM and they haven't told us what room we'll be in yet. This will be our first time running the panel at PMX, but we've already hosted about four other workshops at another convention. Last Mikomicon the panel was especially successful, the room was packed and people were brave enough to ask us hard questions!

If you're in the area, please consider stopping by!
November 8th, 2010 at 05:33am