Stay Positive. ;] [Questionsss.]

That's my goal for this month. Actually, my friend set it up for me.

I've got this thing about November. Every year since about 4th grade, something terrible has happened in the month of November to the point where I just flat out fear it when it comes.

Theoretically November should be awesome. First my birthday, then Harry Potter coming out a few days later, Thanksgiving, along with just the essence of autumn surround the whole month, it should be awesome. However, the past few years, I went to my grandma's funeral on my birthday, lost my grandpa on the other side of the family the next year, lost my house, lost my dog, and lost a really good friend. It's just NOT GOOD.

I told my friend this, and he said pretty much along the lines of "More s**t will happen if you keep up that attitude." He told me to just try and finish off November positively: "Well, make it your goal to stay positive for the rest of November and just completely ignore anything that starts to bug you. Whenever something goes wrong, not that it will, just take it in stride."

He's making me, or at least the past couple days, tell him positive things about my day, however small. Like yesterday my math class made sense, I figured out how to do my lab in biology (after much confusion reading the lab the night before), slacked off in my German class because we had super easy group work, got home and had leftover Chinese, got the compliment of my life, and talked to someone I haven't talked to in AGES. It was a fantastic day.

Today, not quite as awesome, but alright. I had more slack off group time in German, did really well on my Psychology midterm, got a ride home, had a good hour of free time to myself (in which I listened to Jack Johnson, drank tea, and finished my leftover Chinese), got my homework done early, and now have time to write a journal (halfway because all of my friends are zombies playing Call of Duty: Black Ops). You DO NOT want to interrupt a guy while he's playing COD. (Hahaha.)

This positive ordeal is working out, though. The only problem I've realized, is that I don't write well when I'm happy. I write better when I'm in a bitter, bite-everyone-who-talks-to-me's-head-off kind of mood, but those come and go. Or when I just have an ultimate burst of inspiration, the latter being even less frequent than the first.

Questions:
1. Favorite month of the year?
2. Is my goal of staying positive, in other words turning a pessimist to an optimist, reasonable?
3. Are you a Call of Duty fan?
4. What type of mood do you write the best in?
November 10th, 2010 at 03:21am