It Gets Better

Before I start, I want to extend my condolences to the familys and friends of the boys who took their lives last month in America.

Even though the title suggests it, this isn't aimed at the LGBT community, this is aimed at anyone and everyone who's going through a hard time right now.

You may have just come out and are getting bullied because of it. Or maybe you've just broken up with your partner and are feeling down. Or you're having problems at home. Or you've just recieved some really bad life changing news. Or perhaps you're just feeling down and out in general. But, believe me, it does get better.

It may be corny, but, it's true. Vent in whatever what you need to. Scream your lungs out, maybe, or cry. No one will think any worse of you. Or channel all your feelings into your art; write poetry, write a kick-ass story, paint an amazing picture, put on the performance of your life in a play. Even just talking to someone about whatever it is you're going through will help you so much. Just let it all out.

It does help. I know. I've been there.

I came out one and a half years ago. It wasn't easy. But, I stuck it out, and I'm still here today and I feel better for it.

Never give up on yourself, because if you do, then everyone else will, too. But, if you believe in yourself, then so will the world.

So, no matter what anyone else tells you, it will get better.

Love yourself. Respect yourself. Live your life by your rules.
November 10th, 2010 at 09:22pm